Monday, October 11, 2010

Who needs sleep when it's your Birthday Week!

Hello again,
Sorry I am just now getting to post, it has been a very busy weekend for me.
This past saturday was one of my best friends wedding day. We had to get up early and get the chapel all decorated with pretty roses and flower arraigments. The color scheme was white, black, charcoal, and accents of lime green. Turned out wonderful!
Laci and I went to clinque in the mall to get our make-up done for the wedding. First off we called ahead earlier last week and made appointments for 3:30. Well, when we got there, the lady could not find us on the appointment sheet. Clinque lady said she only had time for one of us. So, I told laci to go ahead. I ended up walking around the big make-up counters and ran into Lancome' so i stopped and asked if they could do mine. The lady said "Sure, no problem girl." So make-up was done, check!
Next was on to hair, we did that ourselves. Curls, curls and more curls was the way to go.
After the whole wedding went down, it was finally the reception part. The part I was looking forward to the most.
The newlyweds were having it at the Capri Theatre Downtown. As soon as you pulled up, their names were written on the big board out front, "Now presenting newlyweds Mr. and Mrs. Justin Witt." It was super cute.
Of course, as soon as you walk in the theatre, there was a old time popcorn machine, the red carpet, a photo booth, and everything you could possibly imagine. They really out did themselves and it turned out great.
We partyed on until 3am the next morning and I had to leave for Dallas at 7am. That was the worst car ride of my life.
I only had 3 hours of sleep the night before and I generally do not do well on car rides regardless.
Dallas was the First part of my birthday week with my mom, two sisters and my Aunt. My birthday by the way is Friday the 15th.
I will the big double digit 22.
So in Dallas, we went to the mall that was in Mesquite. A small town on the outskirts of Dallas. It was a nice mall and had 3 levels of non stop shop. I was on the hunt for a birthday dress for my party on Saturday. Out of that whole mall, not one dress that I was in love with, not one. I was fustrated but it did not ruin what an awesome time I was having with my family.
After the mall, we went and saw a movie. The new one with Katherine Heigle in it. I can never remember the name. But anyways, it was a cute movie, very predictable, but still cute.
After that, out last leg of the adventure was to eat at Cheddar's. This part was to celebrate my Aunt's birthday that is today. I got her a really funny card with a horse on the front of it. She laughed and said it was hilarious.
I was worn out at this point, from not getting more than a total 6 hours of sleep all weekend and going non -stop. I was passed out the whole way home from dallas. We were pulling in the driveway of my Elm Grove house at Midnight.
So that was my crazy wild weekend and a nice start to an even wilder week. I will post more crazy adventures as they start happening.
Until then...
JSchmidtke

2 comments:

  1. My wedding was supposed to be this past weekend, too! We moved it to next year so we would have more time to plan. It was the perfect weekend for a wedding!

    ReplyDelete